I’m honored that Mombian has again been nominated for a GLAAD Media Award in the “Outstanding Blog” class. I gained in 2012, and am humbled to be in the blend this yr as I head towards my 18th blogiversary. Here’s extra on the website nominees and on other children’s and spouse and children categories.
I hope you are going to examine out these other nominees, as well, as we all offer you diverse perspectives on LGBTQ everyday living currently. It’s an honor to be in their enterprise.
And in other categories that could be of interest to us LGBTQ mothers and fathers:
Exceptional Children’s Programming
- “Adoptasaurus Rex” Dino Ranch (Disney Junior)
- “Family Picnic” Sesame Road (HBO Max)
- Firebuds (Disney Junior)
- “The Mint Gala” Strawberry Shortcake: Berry in the Huge City (Netflix)
- Pinecone & Pony (Apple Tv+)
The Remarkable Little ones & Spouse and children Programming category has been split into Animated and Stay Action—evidence of the growing quantity of LGBTQ-inclusive exhibits:
Remarkable Youngsters & Household Programming – Animated
- Amphibia (Disney Channel)
- Struggle Kitty (Netflix)
- Massive Nate (Nickelodeon)
- Craig of the Creek (Cartoon Community)
- Useless End: Paranormal Park (Netflix)
- The Dragon Prince (Netflix)
- Jurassic Environment: Camp Cretaceous (Netflix)
- The Owl Household (Disney Channel)
- The Happy Family members: Louder and Prouder (Disney+)
- Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo! (Cartoon Network)
Excellent Kids & Household Programming – Live Motion
- Greater Nate Than Ever (Disney+)
- 1st Working day (Hulu)
- Heartstopper (Netflix)
- Superior College Musical: The Musical: The Series (Disney+)
- Monster High: The Film (Nickelodeon, Paramount+)
- Electrical power Rangers: Dino Fury (Netflix)
- Raven’s Residence (Disney Channel)
- Rebel Cheer Squad: A Get Even Collection (Netflix)
- Trevor: The Musical (Disney+)
- Zombies 3 (Disney+)
Two kids’/relatives movies were also among the these nominated in the “Outstanding Movie – Wide Release” classification:
- Lightyear (Pixar)
- Odd Environment (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pics)
Between the recipients of GLAAD’s Special Recognition Awards are:
- Drag Story Hour, a nonprofit corporation looking for to use the art of drag to browse publications to kids in libraries, colleges, and bookstores. Developed by Michelle Tea and RADAR Productions, beneath the management of Julián Delgado Lopera and Virgie Tovar, in San Francisco in 2015. (See my job interview with DSH board member Lil Miss Incredibly hot Mess final yr, when the group was known as Drag Queen Story Hour.)
- #Letters4TransKids, a social media campaign begun by Axios’ Ina Fried to share letters of support to trans little ones in the experience of anti-trans legislation and sentiment. Participants of the #Letters4TransKids marketing campaign consists of actor Vico Ortiz, actor Javier Munoz, mother of Matthew Shepard, Judy Shepard, and FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel.
Notably, through a year of unprecedented anti-transgender violence and legislation, several nominees “center transgender folks and difficulties in well timed, nuanced, and empowering approaches,” GLAAD tells us. They “also include things like impactful tales about LGBTQ men and women of color” and “feature powerful tales of lesbian, bisexual+, and queer girls.” No issue the winners, the nominees speaks to the vitality and requirement of LGBTQ-inclusive media and its progress around the years.
Tales do subject. Representation does issue. The names on this listing are only a number of of the numerous people today and companies building positive LGBTQ stories, in all their fullness, are read.
Study the complete record of nominees at GLAAD’s web-site.